Best Craft Beers Made in Georgia
May. 15, 2023
There’s nothing like a good lesson on the history of beer to get your spirits up, right? Sure, it’s history, but it’s also beer! Today we’re throwing it back with some of the best beers made right here on our own Georgia soil.
So if you’re looking for craft beer that has character and quality, keep it local with these bubbly neighbors.
Founded by Brian Purcell, this Decatur-based craft brewery began brewing for the love of the craft. Brian got his start with a simple homebrewing kit which has now grown into a thriving craft brewery experience. With storefronts in both Decatur and Atlanta, Georgia visitors can enjoy the dedicated team of beer lovers alongside hearty dishes like New Zealand meat pies, burritos, and more.
Brews you should try:
- Saporous & Lord Grey: These seasonal sour beers pack a punch with inventive flavors of passion fruit & guava and fragrant Earl Grey tea.
- Rapturous: Look no further for your favorite raspberry sour. This thirst-quenching beer is available year-round.
- Night on Ponce IPA: This American IPA gives you bright, hop-forward notes with a clean finish. And we think it’s only natural for a beer sharing our namesake to be so good.
Monday Night Brewing
This beloved Atlanta brewery began in 2006 as an after-work activity among friends Jeff, Joel, and Jonathan. When they discovered that they were quite good at their homebrewing hobby, they began selling to the public after 5 years of preparation.
Following the large success of their first brewery and taproom in West Midtown, Monday Night Brewing has expanded to serve Birmingham, Nashville, and Charlotte. They are constantly putting out new beers that we just keep on loving.
Some of our favorites:
- Space Lettuce: This double IPA is thrice dry hopped using 6 hop varieties. That’s a lot of science to explain why it’s one very good beer.
- Death Raptor: This IPA is full of richness with fruity and malty flavors. Our customers love it—and so do we.
- Monday Night Brewing releases so many funky sours and barrel-aged dark beers that we can’t even name them all. Thankfully, when they’re around, we’re the first to know.
Wild Leap Brewing
This fun-loving, boundary-pushing brewery has made quite an impression since its opening in 2017. They recently expanded from the original LaGrange, GA site to a secondary Atlanta space—right beside the Mercedes-Benz stadium.
With consistently unique craft beers, spirits, and cocktails, Wild Leap causes us to jump for joy with every new release.
Best brews by Wild Leap:
- Chance: This hazy IPA is so good that we always carry 6-packs and frequently have it pouring on draft.
- Local Gold: As one of the first-ever Wild Leap beers, this hybrid blond ale suits both domestic enthusiasts and lovers of craft beer.
The Georgia craft beer scene is only getting better. That's why we love featuring exciting new brews as well as old classics with our 56 taps. Come see us in Midtown Atlanta at the Ponce City Market or browse our site to see what's on tap today.